Someone has said that the greatest mechanical sexual device ever invented was the lock on the bedroom door!
Having young or even adolescent children around can put a serious dent in a couple’s intimate life. But it does not have to be that way! With a little thought, planning and attention, parents can be lovers too! Here are 5 ways to bring back that “lover” feeling: Hear Todd Creager...
1. Have an army of babysitters ready to assist. Having multiple choices will maximize the probability of actually getting one. Don’t just depend on your mother or mother-in-law. Then go out on a date- consistently! When grandparents come to visit, plan some “I and You” time for yourselves. It pleases the grandparents (trust me, I am one) and will give you some uninterrupted time together.
2. Schedule time to pay attention to each other and communicate about things that really matter to each of you. It is actually best to do it at the same time every night. It can be for as little as 10 minutes per day. Those 10 minutes can help you remember what it is like to be a couple rather than just parents or financial partners. (Spontaneity is overrated in our busy lives).
3. Schedule time for sex. (See words in parentheses above). Make sure it is enough time to be more than a quickie. Slow touch and foreplay is essential to bring back that “lover” feeling. If you know when to anticipate sexual times, you can both make real mental and physical preparations.
4. This maybe should have been # 1: Remember what it was like when you experienced your mate pre-kids. Re-experience those feelings as deeply as you can. Image those times and talk about them often.
5. Ask your partner what his or her secret sexual fantasy is. If you have had that conversation before, ask for a new one. This keeps the relationship interesting, fresh and alive. Look for creative ways to please each other. See if you can focus on providing joy for your mate and not just getting your own needs satisfied.
6. Just like anything else, in order to be lovers, you need to set aside some time and attention for it. The good news is that it does not take a whole lot of time. A little time each day goes a long way!
How about that?!!
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!